Need legal advice for your business in Perth or WA?
Call Irving Law, Business Lawyers and Solicitors, on 0449-865-807 | +614-49-865-807
Get advice from IRVING LAW, Legal Advisers to Business Owners in Western Australia
Lawyers are often a first point of contact for people who are starting new businesses, or who are making changes to existing businesses, such as expanding their business or merging with another business, or buying a business or a franchise .
We work with business owners to identify their “legal” and “non-legal” problems, work out what has to be done and in what order, and help them with the legal problems. We can refer them to other professionals such as accountants or finance brokers for assistance with the non-legal problems.
Owners of existing businesses usually find themselves confronted with a legal problem from time to time. It might be the wording of their lease, or a client wanting changes to their standard documents. Don’t let your business legal problems chew up your time and cause you worry. Let us help you find the right solutions.
Starting or buying a new business? Have you thought about these things?
Every new business owner needs to look at a number of basic issues, such as what business structure they should implement. We talk through these issues with our clients, and help them find solutions.
- Do you need a lawyer “on your team”? Invite us to a planning meeting for your new project. We will bring our legal knowledge and experience of assisting many other businesses to the table.
- We can help you prepare your products. What disclaimers have you placed on your product labels, website, or T&Cs? How about things like warranties, indemnities and liability? What are you allowed to exclude? Let’s talk about it.
- What types of insurance do you need? Many businesses will fail if their key persons become sick or die. You may get all of the insurances specified in your lease or supplier agreement, and still be at risk – those insurance requirements are usually intended to protect the other party, not you. We can help you scope out your insurance needs and put you in touch with helpful insurance advisers.
- What is your exit strategy? How will you wind down your involvement in your business? How is a good way to make sure you can sell it, when it’s time for you to move on?
- Do you need finance? We know finance brokers who can assist to get you to get the best interest rates on new loans or help you to refinance your existing loans.
- Do you need training or coaching? We know some excellent business coaches and advisers who can help you make your business perform better.